heureusement que je limite les mises à jour

inquisitive1s

English
Hello all!
I am having trouble translating the sentence in bold below into English, that is "heureusement que je limite les mise à jour de Firefox":

J'ai installé firefox 6 et je découvre que rapport a disparu et impossible
de le réinstaller, il m'indique que la version que j'ai sur l'ordinateur est
plus récente et qu'il faut la désinstaller. Tout cela est très pénible,
heureusement que je limite les mise à jour de firefox.

I have translated it as "it’s lucky that I haven’t updated Firefox yet." But I'm not so confident. Help?

Merci beaucoup en avance!

• inquisitive1s

English
    Thank you RedHairFrenchGuy!

Well, it was just a request from someone who was having problems installing Firefox 6, I was trying to translate it into English. This is basically all I have.

I feel like my translation means about the same as yours, without the part about having a way to do something. As a less precise translation, would you say it conveys the basic meaning? Thanks!

inquisitive1s

English
    Thank you for all the helpful feedback :)

So the idea is more about the present habitual, "it's lucky I don't generally update Firefox." or "I don't often update Firefox." etc.
    Merci :)

RedHairFrenchGuy

French
    Thank you RedHairFrenchGuy! Well, it was just a request from someone who was having problems installing Firefox 6, I was trying to translate it into English. This is basically all I have. I feel like my translation means about the same as yours, without the part about having a way to do something. As a less precise translation, would you say it conveys the basic meaning? Thanks!
    Actually 6.0 is up today no? I have issues too but what I asked from you it's how your French friend can solve this problem? But it's not a translation issue, so it's out of topic.

< Previous | Next >