high patrician cheekbones

senaka

Japanese
Hi, my teachers. How are you? I am trying to find out what the meaning of high patrician cheekbone, but I couldn't find it. (I don't think every aristocrat has same cheekbones, but I can't find out what does it looks like.)
Might I ask your help?

Context: Description of a woman's feature.

She had high patrician cheekbones, and full lips, moist and red, as if they were bruised.
(Source: Book title: SULTAN'S HAREM Author:Colin Falconer)

Thanks in advance.

• shawnee

English - Australian
    This is not set phrase. It has been concocted by the writer to suit this particular description. We get a sense that the high cheek bones in this case gave the women a certain look that set them apart in a desirable way.

shawnee

English - Australian
    Yes HG, but for a better idea of what might have been the object of such attention in the harem, I would recommend images of any of Donald Trump's wives:)

senaka

Japanese
    Thank you, shawnee and Hermione Golightly.

High cheek bones are considered by some to indicate social superiority, better breeding, higher class and status therefore 'patrician'.
    I am really surprised! Wow!

Most Japanese people don't like or don't think people with high cheekbones are attractive, and I have really big cheek bones.

It's certainly good news to me.:D

Top models and film stars both male and female often have high cheek bones, because we find them attractive.
    Really? I never saw a Hollywood star with high cheekbones... oh yes everything has moderation. (Probably my cheekbones are too high.)

Here's a picture of a very handsome, classy man with extremely high cheek bones

http://indien.nexenservices.com/amerindiens/images/sittingbull.jpg
    See ing is believing! Thanks for photographic information!:)

senaka

senaka

Japanese
    Thanks again shawnee and Hermione Golightly:)

Yes HG, but for a better idea of what might have been the object of such attention in the harem, I would recommend images of any of Donald Trump's wives:)
    Thanks. I searched image of Donald Trump's wives on the internet.

Now I understand what's attractive high cheekbones.:thumbsup:

I guess so, but "patrician "?
    I think Sophia Loren would be great in the harem part
    Thanks again! I searched the image of Sophia Loren too. Another attractive high cheekbones!

I understood what high patrician cheekbones now!

It's a really great help! Thank you:)

< Previous | Next >