highly <articulated> [puzzle]

Discussion in 'English Only' started by Madonna Halim, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Madonna Halim Senior Member

Arabic
    The product is Clementoni Raffaello Puzzle (500 Pieces), and it is said to be one of the highly articulated museum collections. What's the meaning of
    "highly articulated"? clear? when describing Clementoni Romantic Italy Puzzle (3 x 1000 Pieces), it's said "Designed with prime articulation elements, this puzzle set will be challenging and interesting at the same time."

2. Orble

Orble Senior Member

Hobart Tasmania
    Australian English
    Context is needed please Madonna Halim. What parts of your post are your words and what parts are quotations from something you read? Where did you read it and can you provide some sentences before and after please?

3. Madonna Halim Senior Member

Arabic
    It's a file full of products, among them is the above mentioned puzzle, I don't understand the meaning of "articulated" and articulation.
    When describing the product Clementoni Raffaello Puzzle (500 Pieces), it's said that Clementoni Raffaello Puzzle (500 Pieces) is one of the highly articulated museum collections. And when describing Clementoni Romantic Italy Puzzle (3 x 1000 Pieces), it's said Designed with prime articulation elements, this puzzle set will be challenging and interesting at the same time.

4. Orble

Orble Senior Member

Hobart Tasmania
    Australian English
    It sounds like highly articulated is referring to it having many joints.
    This is a highly articulated device:

Attached Files:

5. Madonna Halim Senior Member

Arabic
    Can a puzzle possibly have joints?

6. Orble

Orble Senior Member

Hobart Tasmania
    Australian English
    A rubik’s cube is a puzzle with many joints.

7. Madonna Halim Senior Member

Arabic
    Yes, I know, but what about a jigsaw puzzle?

8. bennymix

bennymix Senior Member

Ontario, Canada. I grew up in US.
    English (American).
    It's possibly a collection of assembled (=articulated) puzzles. Assembled dino bones are labelled 'articulated' in some museums.

9. Madonna Halim Senior Member

Arabic
    So "articulated" and "articulation" here mean assembling?

10. Orble

Orble Senior Member

Hobart Tasmania
    Australian English
    Your guess is as good as mine. I can’t conceive of a jigsaw puzzle with “prime articulation elements”.

(Bennymix, doesn’t your museum example refer to bones “assembled as if they were articulated by joints”?)

11. Madonna Halim Senior Member

Arabic
  12. bennymix

bennymix Senior Member

Ontario, Canada. I grew up in US.
    English (American).
    Yes, I think the quality of the cutting may be high; so it's high-quality articulated (joined). Note also the number of pieces is high, and that may be a clue, also.

13. Orble

Orble Senior Member

Hobart Tasmania
    Australian English
    :thumbsup:

14. velisarius

velisarius Senior Member

Greece
    British English (Sussex)
    The Clementoni Museum Collection is just a collection of adult jigsaw puzzles depicting famous wrks of art. The term "articulated" seems to be a mistranslation.

15. ewie

ewie Senior Member

Elsewhere
    English English
    :thumbsup:
    That page is riddled with mistranslations, bad translations, etc.