Hindi: बाइबल के वचन

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
Hi friends,
What does बाइबल के वचन in English? Does it mean the Bible or Bible? Could you please help me? Thank you!

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    It means "The Bible's Promises". In Hindi, there is no clear cut definite article and context conveys whether the word is definite or not.

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
    It means "The Bible's Promises". In Hindi, there is no clear cut definite article and context conveys whether the word is definite or not.
    What does "The Bible's Promises" refer to? I am sorry I cannot understand it very well. For example:

My friend wanted to recommend some Bible verses and wrote an advert like this:
    The Bible's Promises | 5 Verses About Marriage | Well Worth Reading
    These selected Bible verses will tell you the origin of marriage. Read now.
    They will help you view marriage properly, and live a happy life.

Do you think we can use The Bible's Promises in this context?

Qureshpor

Here is definition of "vachan" in McGregor's dictionary.

वचन vacan [S.], m. 1. speech. 2. word. 3. declaration, affirmation. 4. promise. 5. gram. number. — देना, to give (one's) word. तोड़ना, to break (one's) word. निभाना, to keep (one's) word. पूरा करना, to fulfil a promise. ~लेना, to obtain a promise (from, से). – वचनदत्त, adj. whose word is given: engaged; married.

Helen White

Chinese - Taiwanese
    Here is definition of "vachan" in McGregor's dictionary.

वचन vacan [S.], m. 1. speech. 2. word. 3. declaration, affirmation. 4. promise. 5. gram. number. — देना, to give (one's) word. तोड़ना, to break (one's) word. निभाना, to keep (one's) word. पूरा करना, to fulfil a promise. ~लेना, to obtain a promise (from, से). – वचनदत्त, adj. whose word is given: engaged; married.
    So, Qureshpor, according to this advert, maybe using The Bible's Words is much better, right?

Qureshpor

Other friends may differ in this but I would agree with you. You may wish to use the phrase "The Bible's Message" in which case संदेश may be a suitable word in place of वचन.

< Previous | Next >