Hindi: And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

cesarperulan

Spanish
Hello,

I need the correct translation of the following phrase from a Song of the beatles with a spiritual meaning:

"And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Here the word "make" is used with a meaning of "gave".

Tanks in advance!.

• MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
    I do not speak Hindi, but can make the effort:

अंत में, प्यार दिया प्यार लिया बराबर है

ant meN, pyar diya pyar liya baraabar he

iskander e azam

English
    Friends,

A note on the English 'make love': this originally meant 'to woo, to court' and is found in the works of Jane Austen. It no longer has this meaning in contemporary English.

It now means what the original poster declared and is also much used to refer euphemistically to the sexual act (bearing in mind English mores are much more liberal that those found in South Asia).

Many regards,

Alex

cesarperulan

Spanish

Thanks . It’s seems to be incomplete I think. When i use google traslator this is the result using your traslación:

Finally, the love given love is equal to

MonsieurGonzalito

Castellano de Argentina
    The verbs I used (lenaa and denaa) are themselves used as modal of other verbs. Perhaps Google Translate chose to interpret one of them as modal of the other, and kept wanting for a second verb.

Like I said, I don't speak the language, there must be better idiomatic ways to express the idea. But I think a human would perceive the symmetry between liya and diya, and translate accurately.

Jashn

Canadian English
    Perhaps:

aakhir, jo pyaar tujhe milaa hai utne hii baraabar jitanaa tune de diyaa

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    aur aaxir meN jitnaa pyaar karo ge utnaa hii [pyaar] paa'o ge
    और आख़िर में जितना प्यार करोगे उतना ही [प्यार] पाओगे.
    aur aaxir meN paane waalaa pyaar ki'e jaane waale pyaar ke baraabar hii hotaa hai.
    ओर आख़िर में पाने वाला प्यार किए जाने वाले प्यार के बराबर ही होता है.

littlepond

Hindi

The translation is not idiomatic, certainly, but the sentence is also not proper Hindi. You have to use "lenaa" and "denaa" here.
    "pyaar denaa pyaar lene ke baraabar hai", "pyaar denaa aur pyaar lenaa baraabar hai", etc.

As for idiomatic translations, I like @marrish jii's translations a lot. That is to say, if the troubling "make love" can mean this. I don't find the English "make love" meaning that at all, neither in Jane Austen nor today. "pyaar denaa", "pyaar karnaa" is neither courting, nor engaging in a sexual act.