Hindi:He is very choosy about food.

• littlepond

Hindi
    "woh khaane ke baare meN bohat meen-mekh nikaalta hai"

You can substitute "ke baare meN" with other equivalent construction, such as "ko le kar".

HindiMurkh

Hindi & Gujarati
    I would also suggest the word aanaakAAnii. It means something along the lines of making excuses or doing things with hesitation.

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
    I have never heard these two words "meen mekh and anakaani" before. Could you give more suggestions on how these words are used in different situations.

HindiMurkh

Hindi & Gujarati
    I have never heard these two words "meen mekh and anakaani" before. Could you give more suggestions on how these words are used in different situations.
    Something like: वह खाने में बहुत आनाकानी करता है|
    vah khane me bahut aanaakAAnii kartA hai.

littlepond

Hindi
    Something like: वह खाने में बहुत आनाकानी करता है|
    vah khane me bahut aanaakAAnii kartA hai.
    But that doesn't mean to be choosy! It means rather he evades/tries to avoid eating food, and that's a very different thing.

littlepond

Hindi
    "meen mekh nikaalnaa" - you can learn it as an idiom. It means to be fussy or choosy about something.

"aanaa-kaanii karnaa" - that is something different (and not applicable here); it means to evade (doing something).

< Previous | Next >