Hindi:I'm not sure which is the right preposition.

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
I'm not sure which is the right preposition.
mujhe pata nahin sahi preposition konsi hain.

I'm not sure which preposition should be used.
mujhe pata nahi konsa preposition ka vyavhar karna chahiye

I'm not sure what the right preposition is.
mujhe pata nahin hain sahi preposition hain kon si

I'm not sure if this is the correct preposition,

mujhe pata nahin ki yahi sahin preposition hain ki nahin.

Kindly correct the grammatical errors in the my sentences. And also tell me what are my mistakes.

• littlepond

Hindi
    I'm not sure which is the right preposition.
    mujhe pata nahin sahi preposition konsi hain. - mujhe pakkaa (maaloom) nahiiN (hai ki) kaunsaa (vaalaa) sahii preposition hai

I'm not sure which preposition should be used.
    mujhe pata nahi konsa preposition ka vyavhar karna chahiye - mujhe pakkaa (maaloom) nahiiN (hai ki) kaunse preposition kaa upyog kiyaa jaanaa chaahiye

I'm not sure what the right preposition is.
    mujhe pata nahin hain sahi preposition hain kon si - mujhe pakkaa (maaloom) nahiiN sahii preposition kyaa/kaunsaa hai

I'm not sure if this is the correct preposition,

mujhe pata nahin ki yahi sahin preposition hain ki nahin. - mujhe pakkaa (maaloom) nahiiN ki kyaa yeh sahii preposition hai / mujhe pakkaa (maaloom) nahiiN ki yeh sahii preposition hai yaa nahiiN

Note that "mujhe pataa nahiiN" means "I don't know," not "I'm not sure."

Pokeflute

English - American
    Is "pakkaa" considered informal? If so, what would be a more formal way of expressing "I'm not sure"?

littlepond

Hindi
    Is "pakkaa" considered informal? If so, what would be a more formal way of expressing "I'm not sure"?

Hindi doesn't have that great a divide between formal and informal (I'd say no divide, but some would disagree, and no point to make this thread go off rails by saying that), unless by formal you mean the literary register: that is, yes, if you were writing a dialogue for a king, then maybe not "pakkaa." (I am having trouble thinking what to put in a king's mouth in this context, since words like "achook vishvaas" don't fit the context. I think you would have to rephrase it, rather, for the king.)

If you still want to avoid "pakkaa" somehow, then you could use the English word "sure" itself - "maiN sure nahiiN hooN ki ...". The English "sure" has become a part and parcel of everyday Hindi language.

littlepond

Hindi
    (The literary register was what I had in mind).

So if you want to use more impressive-sounding words, you can say something like "maiN nischchit roop se kaih nahiiN saktaa ki kaunsaa preposition sahii hai" - the bold part meaning "I cannot say for sure that ..."