Hindi:In cheejon kee keemat kitanee hai.

rituparnahoymoy

Assamese -India
In cheejon kee keemat kitanee hai.

I want to know here is that should I say "kitna" hai aur "kitni" hai with kimat? And kindly explain me the rules.

• littlepond

Hindi
    "kitnii" is fine as "kiimat" is feminine. The same meaning could be written as "in chiizoN kaa daam kitnaa hai" as "daam" is masculine.

amiramir

English-USA
    "kitnii" is fine as "kiimat" is feminine. The same meaning could be written as "in chiizoN kaa daam kitnaa hai" as "daam" is masculine.

And am I right that in the construct, ये चीजें कितने की हैं-- regardless of the gender of the noun in question, कितने remains कितने (I imagine because पैसे is elided?)?

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    You could also say, "in chiizoN kii qiimat kyaa hai?", "in chiizooN kaa daam kyaa hai?" and "in chiizoN kaa bhaa'o kyaa hai?".

Furthermore, "ye chiizeN kitne meN biktii haiN?"

littlepond

Hindi
    And am I right that in the construct, ये चीजें कितने की हैं-- regardless of the gender of the noun in question, कितने remains कितने (I imagine because पैसे is elided?)?

Yes, "kitne" remains as is (the elided word could be "rupe," "paise," "kauRiyoN," etc.).

littlepond

Hindi
    I would like to know what is Kitne?
    Yeh kitne rupaye ki or ka hain?
    "kitne" means "how much, how many."

It can be both "kitne rupe kii" or "kitne rupe kaa" depending on the object in question (whose price you are asking for). If the object is masculine, "kaa," otherwise "kii."

For example, "yeh kitne rupe kaa hai" pointing to a "khilaunaa" and "yeh kitne rupe kii hai" pointing to a kamiiz.