Hindi, Pashto, Punjabi, Urdu: مننه

fun2learn

American English
In your opinion, will مننه (if used for thank you) be understood by Punjabi speakers? I would use it for thank you, like Punjabi ਧੰਨਵਾਦ or Hindi धन्यवाद. This question is intended for Punjabi speakers, as I am curious to know if مننه would be understood by some of them.Note: مننه is understood to mean thank you by Pashto speakers. My question is specifically asking if this word will be understood by some Punjabi speakers (and my question is directed to them). Feel free to share your opinion about this word. Also, مننه is spelled ਮਾਣਨਾ in Gurmukhi (It means to enjoy or relish. It may have other meanings also). I am curious if this word can also be understood to mean thank you when used in place of ਧੰਨਵਾਦ when I am speaking with Punjabi speakers.

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Hi fun2learn. Welcome to the Forum.

I as a Punjabi speaker have not come across this word (مننه). This is most likely because it is not a Punjabi word and I have not had the pleasure of mixing with Pushto speakers when they were speaking in their native tongue. So, I would n't understand this word but if it is a Pashto word and the Punjabi speaker has grown up in the appropriate environment, then there is every chance that s/he would understand it.

I am sorry I can't be of any help!:)