Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu: Navaratri

marrish

اُردو Urdu
Now that Navaratri is bound to be observed, please give it's names in the target languages.

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    I would say that all the target languages would use "nav-raatri/nav-raatrii" as it is a name of a particular festival of a faith community. But if you wanted a translation of it, then...

Punjabi: noN-raat

Urdu: nau-raat, nau-shab (the latter may be confused with shab-i-nau....new night)!

littlepond

Hindi
    "nav-raate" is also used a lot in Hindi, besides the two words mundiya jii has already suggested. Rhymes with "jagraate" (plural of a "jagraata": a night of "jaagraN").

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    Qureshpor SaaHib: perhaps nuh-shabaanah?

For those who graced me with answers (I learnt a lot, naraate and navraate), is this word sound and attested in Sanskrit?

Dib

Bengali (India)
    Qureshpor SaaHib: perhaps nuh-shabaanah?

For those who graced me with answers (I learnt a lot, naraate and navraate), is this word sound and attested in Sanskrit?

nava-raatra-, yes. It's just a plain Sanskrit compound (dvigu-samaasa if you want the technical term).

mundiya

Hindi, English, Punjabi
    navaraatra is Sanskrit. I'm not sure if navaraatri is neo-Sanskrit or genuine. Given how common it is, I assume it's genuine.

Dib

Bengali (India)
    I feel, "nava-raatri-" is neo-Sanskrit, and probably even wrong from classical grammar point of view. It appears neither in Monier-Williams nor Apte. Both of them list only "nava-raatra-".