Hindi, Urdu: hue the

tonyspeed

English & Creole - Jamaica
What is the difference in meaning between vo haazir the and vo haazir hue the?

Is this past perfect for honaa?

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    ^ To my mind, there is a definite link between this thread of yours and the previous one.

In the previous thread you asked about the difference between "Haazir the" and "Haazir hu'e". Now you are asking for the difference between "Haazir the" and "Haazir hu'e the". The starting point is the same.

vuh Haazir the = They were present.

vuh Haazir hu'e = "They became present" = They attended

vuh Haazir hu'e the = "They had become present" = They did attend / They had attended

So, I see all this more of the same as your previous thread. I hope this has been of some help. A fuller context of course would be much more helpful than the bare bones of sentences you have presented.

tonyspeed

English & Creole - Jamaica
    ^ To my mind, there is a definite link between this thread of yours and the previous one.

In the previous thread you asked about the difference between "Haazir the" and "Haazir hu'e". Now you are asking for the difference between "Haazir the" and "Haazir hu'e the". The starting point is the same.

vuh Haazir the = They were present.

vuh Haazir hu'e = "They became present" = They attended

vuh Haazir hu'e the = "They had become present" = They did attend / They had attended

So, I see all this more of the same as your previous thread. I hope this has been of some help. A fuller context of course would be much more helpful than the bare bones of sentences you have presented.
    This thread is really asking about hue the . I don't usually see it used at all, so it is a bit new to me.

Thanks for confirming that it is past perfect. Are there any other usages other than haazir that you can think of??

littlepond

Hindi
    "chaar martabaa behosh to hue the, par baar-baar khaRe hue aur DaT ke laRe"

(he/they did faint four times, but again and again got on to their feet)

Just put adjective (of the variety where "adjective + honaa" makes a verb) + "hue the" - should work many times. Another example - "chakit honaa" -> "chakit" as adjective. Which gives:

"chakit to maiN baRaa huaa thaa, par phir koii dhyaan nahiN diyaa"
    (I had become quite surprised, but then I did not pay much attention)

gagun

Telugu-TS, Deccani-TS
    "chaar martabaa behosh to hue the, par baar-baar khaRe hue aur DaT ke laRe"

(he/they did faint four times, but again and again got on to their feet)

Just put adjective (of the variety where "adjective + honaa" makes a verb) + "hue the" - should work many times. Another example - "chakit honaa" -> "chakit" as adjective. Which gives:

"chakit to maiN baRaa huaa thaa, par phir koii dhyaan nahiN diyaa"
    (I had become quite surprised, but then I did not pay much attention)
    littlepond jii,
    so is ho chukaa thaa is same as huaa thaa? in this particular situation.

< Previous | Next >