His voice sounds funny

< Previous | Next >

taraa

Persian
Doesn't "funny" have anything to do with "hilarious, laughable, amusing , a joke" that are the meanings of "fun"?

(DJ always stars at an old man through a telescope who lives across the street . )

DJ: But, Mom, there's something wrong with that house. I'm serious.
Mrs. Walters: What was that?DJ: I'm serious.
Mrs, Walters: His voice sounds funny.
Mr. Walters: Someone is hitting puberty. “What's happening to my body?” Right, buddy?
Monster House

• taraa

Persian
    It probably means "strange" but more context is needed to confirm that.
    Many thanks, grassy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    I can't say how is his voice. :) But he is angry, frustration that his parents don't take him seriously and don't believe that there's something wrong with that house (the old man's house)

Last edited:

grassy

Polish
    Ah, so she's talking about DJ's voice? That may change things. What was the tone in which she said it?

lingobingo

English - England
    In this case “funny” definitely means that his voice sounds different/abnormal (the reason being that his voice is breaking – getting deeper as he goes through puberty).

taraa

Persian
    Ah, so she's talking about DJ's voice? That may change things. What was the tone in which she said it?
    The tone of the boy or the mother?
    In this case “funny” definitely means that his voice sounds different/abnormal (the reason being that his voice is breaking – getting deeper as he goes through puberty).
    The boy's voice was aloud because he was angry. His father in defend of the boy said that that's because of going through puberty.

< Previous | Next >