historical depository

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.

ortak

Turkish
The ancient city with fascinating historical depository and natural beauty had been an important cultural ,commercial and science center during many years.

Hello friends,
Is my sentence correct with bolded part?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    There is not enough context to answer properly; what sort of depository is it?

ortak

Turkish
    I meant historical past. Actually I explain it in the rest of my article because there is much about to mention in a sentence.
    It is about an ancient city and its past.

Last edited:

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    To be honest, I would expect to hear 'repository' here - 'depository' doesn't seem to fit well between 'historical' and 'beauty'.

The ancient city with fascinating historical repository and natural beauty had been an important cultural ,commercial and science center during many years.

ortak

Turkish
    To be honest, I would expect to hear 'repository' here - 'depository' doesn't seem to fit well between 'historical' and 'beauty'.

The ancient city with fascinating historical repository and natural beauty had been an important cultural ,commercial and science center during many years.
    Opss, it is first time I see this word. I think it is a good idea. Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >