hoja de cargo

< Previous | Next >

walfrido

cuban spanish
I have trouble finding a suitable translation for hoja de cargo, which refers to the register of each patient´s personal data such as name, sex, age, address, diagnosis and procedure. A medical doctor usually takes charge of filling out this leaflet as this doctor deals with a certain number of patients that is precisely a record of his or her workday.

• The Newt

English - US
    It sounds like what we call a "medical chart," although here it's more than a "leaflet" (and today may not be on paper at all).

LVRBC

English-US, standard and medical
    In the US, this is not how medical records are kept, which is why you are having trouble finding a translation. They are kept under the patient's name (and medical record number) rather than as a record of who has been seen by the physician each day. There is a sign-in sheet in many or most offices and clinics, but it would never include personal data and diagnoses for legal privacy reasons. (Obviously, it is possible for a person with access to the computer system in which records are filed to use the information to make a list of the patients seen by a specific physician on a particular day, with all the data you specify. However, if they did not have authorization to do this, they would be in serious trouble.) But sign-in sheet, although not at all the same thing, may be the closest you can get in US-English. Possibly other English-speaking countries have what you describe. Or you may just have to describe it, rather than using a single word or phrase.

walfrido

cuban spanish
    Here I attached a picture of what I mean just to see if you can better help me out. I know that in some other countries it´s different.
    Anyway thank you for your suggestions.

Attachments

ChemaSaltasebes

Castellano (España)
    Just in case it helps, walfrido describes something very much like a sign-in sheet -like LVRBC suggests- but one with clinical info that either a doctor or nurse will be filling in after seeing each patient during a day or ward, so as to keep track of daily activity in a medical service or center (like a patients daily census, sort of). From here you could also get some basic data, including clinical data of daily medical activity. Obviously enough this is pre-digital technology ;)

As for how to say this in English, I have not been lucky this time.

< Previous | Next >