hold a cosmopolitan view on life

< Previous | Next >

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Hi everyone, today when I was re-writing my profile, I got stuch because I am not sure about its correctness:

"I hold a cosmopolitan view on life"

I am not sure whether this sentence can express that "I want to make friends with everyone from everywhere, no limitation, no boundary", I know cosmopolitan has a meaning of it, but I am not sure whether my sentence is correct, would you please take a look a it? Thanks

• coiffe

USA
    American English
    Hi everyone, today when I was re-writing my profile, I got stuch because I am not sure about its correctness:

"I hold a cosmopolitan view on life"

I am not sure whether this sentence can express that "I want to make friends with everyone from everywhere, no limitation, no boundary", I know cosmopolitan has a meaning of it, but I am not sure whether my sentence is correct, would you please take a look a it? Thanks
    Silverobama,

Several points.

1) Better is to say a cosmopolitan view of life," or "outlook on life." You can say "view on life" but it doesn't seem quite right.

2) Your choice of a word here may not convey all you want to. I'm not sure there is a single adjective to convey what you want. "Cosmopolitan" is a good start but does not say it all. You'd still have to go on to explain that you want to make friends from everywhere, etc.

Coiffe

< Previous | Next >