hollow and solid chocolate

imgnjoe

US English
It's Christmas time and I'm looking for a translation of "hollow chocolate" and "solid chocolate" - for example : "Since as early as I can remember, I have always preferred my Christmas stockings to be filled with hollow chocolate St. Nicholas instead of solid chocolate St. Nicholas."

Thanks.

• moustic

British English
    Hollow - ... (un sujet) creux en chocolat / en chocolat creux ???
    Solid - ... en chocolat massif ??? This works for solid gold (or other metals) and for wood, but it sounds really strange with chocolate.

moustic

British English
    Chocolat fourré/chocolat brut ?
    Yes Guill, but "fourré" means the chocolate is filled with something else : "praline", cream, caramel ..., doesn't it?

@ ag83ml - for me "évider" would mean that the chocolate was originally solid and then scraped out in the middle.

What about "plein" for solid chocolate?

Guill

Français - France
    Yes Guill, but "fourré" means the chocolate is filled with something else : "praline", cream, caramel ..., doesn't it? Exactly, isn't it the meaning here ?

@ ag83ml - for me "évider" would mean that the chocolate was originally solid and then scraped out in the middle. :tick:

What about "plein" for solid chocolate?
    I've never heard "chocolat plein", and I even wonder if there's a set translation for this... If it's the same type of chocolat for the whole cube, then "brut" would work. "Chocolat vide" for the other one maybe...

Meille

English
    agi, your first link doesn't work, but the second one is a perfect example.

Isn't it just "chocolat plein ou creux"?

("Évidé" conjures images of someone viciously scooping the guts out of a chocolate bunny... )

< Previous | Next >