homework diary and record book

• Hermione Golightly

British English
    No marks were recorded in the notebook. I've never heard of a record of that sort in England.
    The teachers would keep a record of marks, of course.

Ivan_I

Russian
    In Russia we have it. So, teachers have attendance register and pupils have homework notebooks. Where do teachers put marks? Do children have a kind of notebook in which they have marks so that parents could see the marks without contacting the teacher?

Hermione Golightly

British English
    We did our homework in exercise books, and later we had files to keep our work in. It was easy to look through them and see what marks you'd got. I imagine it's the same these days except it's ll in files on the PC.
    We got a report at the end of each term with the overall grade for the term's work in each subject.

london calling

UK English
    We did our homework in exercise books, and later we had files to keep our work in. It was easy to look through them and see what marks you'd got. I imagine it's the same these days except it's ll in files on the PC.
    We got a report at the end of each term with the overall grade for the term's work in each subject.
    Yes, we did our homework in exercise books up to the 5th form and in the 6th form we used files, but we didn't call them 'homework notebooks'.:)

< Previous | Next >