honor/bring into actuality

nicole110

chinese from Taiwan
Hi, all

My sister created such a sentence “The Bible tells us that every word of God will be brought into actuality, because He is trustworthy.” And she told me that the phrase “brought into actuality” could be replaced by “honored,” because they two meant the same. Is she right? Could you do me a favor to answer it? Thank you very much.

• Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    Hi nicole110. I find "brought into actuality" very strange. The problem is with "actuality" which I suspect, in your context, means "reality". "Honoured" (AmE "honored") might be understood to mean "made real" or "come true" or "be fulfilled" or "come to pass" in this particular context, but in general it's not a synonym of "make real" or "come true" or "come to pass".

I think "be fulfilled" or "come to pass" is what the Bible says.

nicole110

chinese from Taiwan
    Hi nicole110. I find "brought into actuality" very strange. The problem is with "actuality" which I suspect, in your context, means "reality". "Honoured" (AmE "honored") might be understood to mean "made real" or "come true" or "be fulfilled" or "come to pass" in this particular context, but in general it's not a synonym of "make real" or "come true" or "come to pass".

I think "be fulfilled" or "come to pass" is what the Bible says.
    ok. thank you very much

< Previous | Next >