How do you call a person who is superior in spotting things


New Member
How do you call a person, who is capable of spotting things that are hard to see to an average person? Is there anything with "smth eye"? For example in Russian it's like "You have a sharp eye, Mr. Watson!".

Is there any equivalent in English?
  • Copyright

    Senior Member
    American English
    "Sharp eye" certainly works. And then there's "eagle eye" – "He was an eagle-eyed reporter, picking up on details that others overlooked." I think I would use it more often in the adjective form, as with the reporter, than I would the noun form, e.g. "You have an eagle eye," although I suppose it's possible.
    < Previous | Next >