How is your phone going?

< Previous | Next >

HajiSahib

Banned
Punjabi/Urdu - Pakistan
About six months ago, me and my friend went to a mobile center (a big shop where cellphones are sold) and I bought him a cellphone as a gift for him. That was because I got top score in my B.Sc Chemistry. Yesterday I sent him a text asking him about the condition of the phone, i.e., whether the phone is working good or not. I wrote: How is your phone going? (Is your phone doing right?/Is your phone going right?/Is your phone going well?)

Please tell me whether the underlined is correct.

Thanks

• Linkway

British English
    Alternatively:

How're you getting on with the phone?

or:

How're you doing with the phone?

Packard

USA, English
    In American English:

How do you like the phone?

How do you like the phone so far? (Up to this time. Perhaps he will change his mind in the future.)

HajiSahib

Banned
    Punjabi/Urdu - Pakistan
    This native speaker wouldn't. The alternatives so far suggested sound far more natural to me.
    Hi heypresto,
    What about these? Would a BE speaker say any of these?
    Is your phone doing right?/
    Is your phone going right?/
    Is your phone going well?

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    Would a BE speaker say any of these?
    Is your phone doing right? No. but "doing all right" might work, though that's usually applied to people, or perhaps pets, not things.
    Is your phone going right? No. it makes it sound like a clock, and you're asking whether it tells the right time.
    Is your phone going well? Yes, but again it's about working correctly, not necessarily about how pleased you are with its features.

< Previous | Next >