< How many > is it from ... to ....?

Taisiatt

Russian - Russia
... is it from Barselona to Madrid?
1) how far
2) how long
3)how much
4) how many
I don't know which one is correct, I think it might be "how many" but I'm not sure

< Second question should have its own thread. Cagey, moderator >

Last edited by a moderator:
  • GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    We only answer one question per thread, Taisiatt.

"How many" is wrong. It would only be correct if there were a countable unit of measurement also named, as in "how many miles is it from Barcelona to Madrid?", or "How many kilometers is it..." , or (if you are asking about the time it takes for the journey) "How many hours is it ..."

If you are asking a general question about distance, the correct answer is How far is it from Barcelona to Madrid?

Myridon

English - US
    How far is it from Barcelona to Madrid? 625 kilometers. How far is the distance...
    How long is it from Barcelona to Madrid? 6 hours. How long is the duration of the trip...
    How much is it from Barcelona to Madrid? 80 euros. How much is the fare...
    How many is it from Barcelona to Madrid? :confused:

Taisiatt

Russian - Russia
    We only answer one question per thread, Taisiatt.

"How many" is wrong. It would only be correct if there were a countable unit of measurement also named, as in "how many miles is it from Barcelona to Madrid?", or "How many kilometers is it..." , or (if you are asking about the time it takes for the journey) "How many hours is it ..."

If you are asking a general question about distance, the correct answer is How far is it from Barcelona to Madrid?
    Thank you very much:)

Taisiatt

Russian - Russia
    How far is it from Barcelona to Madrid? 625 kilometers. How far is the distance...
    How long is it from Barcelona to Madrid? 6 hours. How long is the duration of the trip...
    How much is it from Barcelona to Madrid? 80 euros. How much is the fare...
    How many is it from Barcelona to Madrid? :confused:
    Thank you very much, now I got it:)

Hermione Golightly

British English
    Next time, please let us know which option you think is right. This would reinforce your learning experience.
    Note: "I've got it!", not "I got it!".

< Previous | Next >