How much do you get for teaching one session?

< Previous | Next >

sb70012

Hello,
Suppose that I ask of a tutor how much he charges money for teaching one session to a student privately.

1. Sir, may I know how much you get for teaching per session?
2. Sir, may I know how much you charge for teaching one session?
3. Sir, may I know how much you ask to teach every session?
4. Sir, would you please tell me the price of your teaching fee for each session?

I am confused. These are my self-made examples. I don't know how to ask a teacher such a question.
If you were me how would you ask it? What's your opinion about my self made examples?

Thank you

• DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I'd adapt (2) to say: "How much do you charge per session, please?" (for teaching is a bit redundant when you're talking to a private tutor. In (1) "...how much you get..." means how much do you earn, not how much do you charge.

Starting "Sir, may I know..." is very formal indeed and sounds rather old-fashioned to me for this particular context.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    Yes, we'd probably just use Mr(s) + his/her name. But in something like a text or an email there'd be no real need to call him or her anything.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    I think "...per session" is the most natural in that context, but "...a session" or "...for each session" would work as well. But "...one session" would imply to me that you only wanted to book a single one rather than possibly a course of tuition.

< Previous | Next >