How much per box?

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Someone's selling moon cakes online. Six moon cakes are in one paper box, like gift box. People usually buy things like this for friends, colleagues, etc.

I asked the one who sells it:

How much per box?

Is the bold natural?

• Silver

I'm not a native speaker but I've been learning English here for about a decade. I think native speakers tend to say "how much for a box", am I right?

Silver

Why do you have to ask? Don't you usually find that people selling stuff online include a price list for their products? They won't sell much if potential buyers have to go to the trouble of asking every time.
    This is exactly true, Rover. But in order to ask the question simply, I didn't say it is my friend who's selling her moon cakes online. She only said her products are now in her tea shop (She sells tea mainly) along with some pictures of those moon cakes. I know sometimes because of the culture background, we don't first or immediately understand each other, but I hope what I'm doing or improving right now is to better clear your doubts.

Roxxxannne

English (northeastern US)
    I think Rover_KE was confused because you wrote in the OP that your friend is "selling moon cakes online", which usually means that you could go to the website and purchase moon cakes. In that situation, the seller would post the price per box if they are sold by the box.
    "She only said her products are now in her tea shop (She sells tea mainly) along with some pictures" is not 'selling moon cakes online." It's "advertising online that she sells moon cakes in her shop."

Silver

Well, specifically, yes, she's just advertising online. She's not selling one a website or somewhere else. She sells them on her WeChat. I don't think native speakers know what this app is. It's like What's App. You post many photos of your products online and only your friends can see what you're selling. The WeChat system is based on the kind of only friend-can-see system, which is called the moment. You post photos of this moment and people see them.

< Previous | Next >