How our brains make fatty foods

Maria Leopoldina

Brazil, portuguese
Olá!

O que acham da tradução que fiz?

How our brains make fatty foods, orgasm, exercise, marijuana, generosity, vodka, learning, and gambling feel so good.

Como o nosso cérebro faz com que tenhamos tanto prazer com comida gordurosa, orgasmo, exercícios físicos, maconha, generosidade, vodca, aprendizado e jogo.

Agradeço sugestões.

• GamblingCamel

USA English
    I sympathize with you, Maria. That sentence does not seem easy to translate to PT.

It's playing with the ready-made expression in EN, "X makes me feel good." "My girl makes me feel good, vodka makes me feel good ... my brain makes me feel good."
    The OP is a long list, but "makes me feel good" is the unifier. It's a popular song lyric, it's also informal love talk.

GamblingCamel

USA English
    Por que nosso cérebro curte comer, transar, se mexer, fumar, beber, jogar, aprender e fazer o bem?
    Nobody can beat JOCA for brevity of words. That's to the point, has a nice beat.
    It probably would sound good to Brazilians, right, Maria?

>Joca, as usual, your PT version sounds more logical than the original EN. You must think we Americans are very sloppy with language. Haha. We are. :p
    But in yours the hodgepodgish miscellany is gone. And where's GAMBLING? ;)

EDIT: Also, J, you've changed a statement into a question. Can por que mean both how and why?

Last edited:

Joca

Brazilian Portuguese
    Nobody can beat JOCA for brevity of words. That's to the point, has a nice beat.
    It probably would sound good to Brazilians, right, Maria?

>Joca, as usual, your PT version sounds better than the original EN. You must think we Americans are very sloppy with language. Haha. We are. :p
    You are making me blush, Gambling. Thanks anyway, but I am not sure that is true. Actually I hope not.

< Previous | Next >