How shall I punish you

kiror0

english
How do you say,

how shall I punish you for your misbehaviour?

comment je te penaliserais pour ta mauvaise conduite?

• Cath.S.

français de France
    comment je te penaliserais pour ta mauvaise conduite?
    Hello, Kiror,
    imo pénaliser sounds very stiff and official.

Comment te punirai-je ? is standard.

If you tell us who the speaker is and whom he is addressing, we might be able to help you more. :)

kiror0

english
    thank you egueule! I'm writing to my friend, who taught me a bad word, and I thought that word was not offensive and used it to my teacher. and I got embarrassed in a class. and I would like to say (half-jokingly) how shall I punish you for this? shall I just say, comment te punirai-je? like you recommended? merci beaucoup!!!

Cath.S.

français de France
    comment te punirai-je? is good then ; still, since you're half-joking you could say:
    Quelle punition devrais-je t'infliger ? (very formal but should sound witty in this situation) :D

Note that this time there is an s at the end of the verb, because it is a conditional, (what punishment should I inflict upon you ?) wheras punirai is a future.

kiror0

english
    merci beaucoup! he'll be so surprised when I use the comment you have told me! it sounds awesome! thank you so much~~ have a great day Egueule!!!

Cath.S.

français de France
    kiror0 said:
    merci beaucoup! he'll be so surprised when I use the comment you have told me! it sounds awesome! thank you so much~~ have a great day Egueule!!!
    Thanks, I'm glad I could help! :)
    Have a great day too!

< Previous | Next >