How to divide this sentence?

JuriTerreni

Chinese-China
From TV series<Making a murderer>,

The defense lawyer is making an argument,
"No scratches on the headboard. No rope fibers on the headboard. Nothing that would indicate somebody restrained, struggling for their life, who was murdered in that bedroom."

I don't know how to understand this sentence, is he saying that nothing that would indicate that somebody who was murdered in that bedroom had been restrained and had been struggling for their life OR is he saying that nothing that would indicate that somebody who was restrained, and struggling for their life had been murdered in that bedroom?
Thank you.

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    The answer is probably in the TV program(?) - was there a body in the bedroom? The defence lawyer is saying that (if there was, then) it had not been tied to the headboard of the bed.

JuriTerreni

Chinese-China
    The answer is probably in the TV program(?) - was there a body in the bedroom? The defence lawyer is saying that (if there was, then) it had not been tied to the headboard of the bed.
    It's complicated... There was no body, because the body has been burnt, only bones left, they found the bones in a burn pit.

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    I don't know how to understand this sentence, is he saying that nothing that would indicate that somebody who was murdered in that bedroom had been restrained and had been struggling for their life OR is he saying that nothing that would indicate that somebody who was restrained, and struggling for their life had been murdered in that bedroom?
    You will have noticed that these are incomplete sentences, which can be turned into real sentences by adding "there were" or "there was" to the front of them. He is talking virtually in telegram-style, as if making a bullet list (pun intended).
    The red one is saying that there was no evidence
    (1) to indicate somebody restrained (i.e. to indicate that anyone had been restrained here),
    (2) to indicate somebody struggling for their life (i.e. to indicate that anybody had been struggling here),
    (3) to indicate somebody who was murdered (i.e. to indicate that anybody had been murdered here).
    The use and positioning of "who" is slightly questionable here. It might have made more sense as "Nothing that would indicate somebody who was restrained, struggling for their life, and murdered in that bedroom."

< Previous | Next >