How to respond to a welcome back email from Boss

snehalso

Hindi
Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your time off. We missed you and we are glad you are back. We are counting on you in a big way for 2019!

Please suggest how to respond to this email professionally.

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Welcome to the forum, snehalso!

Unfortunately, we can’t write a response for you. Please try to write it yourself, and then ask about a word or phrase in it that you think might be a problem. We’ll be happy to help with a specific question.

snehalso

Hindi
    I wrote the following reply but I am not sure if it's apt or not.

"Thank you for your kind email. I'm happy to be back and enjoyed my time off :)
    I'm really glad to be part of this team."

snehalso

Hindi
    I think I need a suggestion on how to reply to this sentence that "We are counting on you in a big way for 2019!"

vicky105

Cantonese
    I think it can be simply I am happy to be back and I look forward to the adventures in the coming year.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    I'm not sure about 'adventures'! That would depend on the nature of the business. Perhaps Vicki means ventures, but it's not often used and might not be right in this context.
    A phrase you might find useful, snehalso, is 'give of (one's) best', 'my best', since you are writing for yourself. You could make a sentence with assure/continue/my (very) best. It would be quite formal.

snehalso

Hindi
    Thank you Hermione for your suggestions. I wanted a formal one and your suggestions are perfectly suiting what I am thinking to write.

I'm not sure about 'adventures'! That would depend on the nature of the business. Perhaps Vicki means ventures, but it's not often used and might not be right in this context.
    A phrase you might find useful, snehalso, is 'give of (one's) best', 'my best', since you are writing for yourself. You could make a sentence with assure/continue/my (very) best. It would be quite formal.

< Previous | Next >