how to write an email with asking for discount in a previous quotation?

mikykeeplearning

chinese'malaysia
hello all,
i am writing an email for asking reduce the price in a previous quotation that i received.

can i write "please send me your revised quotation with the best reduced price"

probably you all have the better clause, please help me with this.

PS: my english is not strong, please forgive me if i write anything that cause offence.

• Chez

English English
    I assume you are writing a longer email explaining why you want/deserve a better quote/price?

If so, you could end it:

I would (therefore) be grateful if you could send me a revised quotation offering your best reduced price.

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hello,

Asking for a lower price is truly an art form, and the text would vary regionally and with each person.
    I think Chez' suggestion if fantastic.
    Here's another way, a bit more aggressive:

Your first quotation is somewhat higher than our budget, could you send another quote with your best price?

And 10,000 variations on the theme.

Copyright

American English
    I don't think I've seen "best reduced price" – I think "best price" might cover it. No merchant is going to give you a higher price that has already been quoted unless he or she has a sense of humor and doesn't want your business. :)

kayleeflemings

English
    Although, as our firms have done business commonly for so long time, and since we are currently enduring certain financial difficulties, we would like to request a discount on our orders.

Or

In a review of this, we would like to ask you for an additional 5% discount. With a better discount we are sure that we can increase our business volume even more – and that, we believe, is something beneficial to both of us.
    We hope to hear from you soon regarding this proposal.

Or

“Could this pricing plan work better for us?