How to write Arabic

Morapio

Spain - Spanish, Catalan
Hi,

I'm from Spain and I would like to learn Arabic. I have learned most of my english chatting at chatrooms, so I think that I could do the same with Arabic. The problem is that I don't know how could I write Arabic characters. How do you write it if you don't have an Arabic keyboard? Is there any software to make your keyboard write from left to right and using Arabic language?

Thank you for your help!

Carlos

• borhane

Algerian Arabic
    I've send an e-mail to my friend asking him for a solution for you problem , and I think him able to help you !!!

Josh_

U.S., English
    You might already have Arabic typing capabilities on your computer depending on what kind of operating system you have. What kind is it?

Also, you can use this Arabic Keyboard. Just type it there in Arabic and then copy and paste it here.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Welcome to the forums, Carlos! :)

As Josh said, the best way (provided your computer allows the capability) is to install an Arabic keyboard so that you can type directly in Arabic. Otherwise, the virtual keyboard he linked to is good, too. It's what I used until I installed the keyboard.

I have to wonder, though, about your plan to learn Arabic exclusively through chatboards. It would be great if you did, but for some reason I have misgivings. :)

In any case, mucha suerte!

Morapio

Spain - Spanish, Catalan
    Hi,
    Thank you for your answers,

I'll use that online keyboard, thank u. But where could i download that to write directly from my keyboard without copy and paste from that web, I've Windows 98, and Office 97.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Morapio,

In the next few days, I will add this information as a sticky - at least for Windows XP. I'm not sure if the same procedure applies for Windows 98, though.

Please be patient. I will be adding several items as stickies in the coming days.

Thanks for understanding.

Josh_

U.S., English
    Actually, there is an explanation of how to do it here. I, also, am not sure if it is available on earlier versions of Microsoft.

Elroy, you can add this to the Arabic Resources (or whatever relevant) thread.

ُEDIT: Or you could just write up your own (possibly easier to read) version, whichever you prefer.

Rosa Fernandez

Spanish- Spain
    Carlos, in this website you will find lots of useful information in Spanish on computer arabization -and on many other nice topics if you're starting to learn Arabic. You may search the site's forum: there are several threads that deal with the matter:

www.aldadis.com

You might find this useful as well:

www.arabismo.com

Suerte!

SofiaB

English Asia
    I have tried the other virtual Arabic keyboards this one http://www.majalisna.com/keyboard/keyboard.html
    posted by Ayed is the best I have tried so far.Carlos, El Roi has posted some excellent sites in the stickies for Arabic lessons on-line. You need to start there in order to chat. If your interest is chat I suggest the colloquial sites.

SofiaB

English Asia
    The one I posted as well as Chenlev are good if you need to make corrections after you type. The others require erasing what is typed wrongly.

< Previous | Next >