Hug

Achaemenid

Persian
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a word that has the meaning of hug, but the most informal and a spoken word. I know hug is informal. You know, how does a toddler ask from his/her parents to hug him/her? Any word or phrase that there is. Because I've got a son that I'm trying to teach him to speak English as well as Persian.

Thanks

• Achaemenid

Persian
    So when I'm with my son in the street going around, when he gets tired from walking, he says: Daddy please hug me! Or something else?

Achaemenid

Persian
    In the entry of hug it is said to put your arms around someone and hold them tightly to show love or friendship. As I said probably my son is just tired from walking or just he wants to be up in my arms looking around, is it correct to say hug me or give me a hug? Or as pob14 has said carry me is correct? Or maybe he can say Daddy take me up in your arms? Is there any other word or phrase?

Thank you so much

Andygc

British English
    See post 4 which has already answered that question. Tired children tend to use short, simple sentences.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    If the child just wants to get a look at what is going on around, they might say "I can't see. Lift me up, Daddy." In this case, the parent might lift the child up high for a little while so that they can see the parade, or whatever is the object of interest.

If the child asks to be carried (Carry me, Daddy), that involves walking along (or standing around) while holding the child in your arms or on your shoulders.

< Previous | Next >