hundred and one

bucefalo

Chile Spanish
hello everybudy, i'd like to ask about "hundred + one" "101" how can I say that: Hundred one or hundred and one, and the rest of the numbers; thanks for your help.

• aurilla

Am Eng/PR Spanish
    one hundred and one... one hundred and two... one hundred and three... hasta llegar al nueve... y así sucesivamente, 201 al 209 = two hundred and one..., 301 al 309, three hundred and one...

Last edited:

Oschito

English, USA
    One hundred and one or (less acceptably, I think?) a hundred and one.
    This form applies for 101-109. After that, the and becomes optional (again, I think; strange how I begin to question the most basic parts of my language).
    One hundred ten/twenty-five/seventy-nine.

2pep2translate

USA Spanish
    one o one! o = letra o
    one o two!..........nine .....
    one + un par de numeros 99... 199
    nine one one = 911 (Numero de emergencia)
    es comun tambien
    codigos telfonicos (714), (213)
    numero por numero
    714 seven, one, four - two, one, three
    1 (800) 555 5252 one, eight hundred, five, five, five, (pausa breve) five two, five two
    direcciones en pares 2389 Main St, Miami, FL (23, 89)
    1100 Pennsylvania Ave (eleven hundred)

Last edited:

aurilla

Am Eng/PR Spanish
    one o one! o = letra o
    es comun tambien

For example, the movie "101 Dalmations" is not "one o one Dalmations" it's "one hundrend and one Dalmations"

When you're referring to digits, as in a phone number or code you can use "one o one", however, when stating actual figures, you would use "one hundred and one", for the sake of clarity.

aurilla

Am Eng/PR Spanish
    one o one! o = letra o
    es comun tambien

Se dice one ninety nine cuando se trata de un precio, como $1.99, y para 199 como one-nine-nine para los dígitos de un código, pero usualmente no para cantidades o sumas, donde entonces se usaría one hundred and ninety nine

Arrius

English, UK
    One hundred and one is said in both the USA and the UK, but from 110 onwards which is in England one hundred and ten, Americans omit the and, saying one hundred ten etc. To what extent the British usage is tolerated in the States I am unsure.
    (Not exactly to the point, but closely related and worth pointing out).

< Previous | Next >