Hunk haunts

• london calling

UK English
    Grazie :)
    Fondamentalmente non c'è un contesto, stavo cercando su google "haunts" e mi è uscito fuori anche "Hunk haunts", come suggerimento.
    Per come la capisco io, significa quei posti (locali) dove si rimorchiano dei bei pezzi di ragazzo.....:):D. Credo sia AE (fellow Brits? Ever heard the expression?).

Azazel81

Italy - Italian
    Per come la capisco io, significa quei posti (locali) dove si rimorchiano dei bei pezzi di ragazzo.....:):D. Credo sia AE (fellow Brits? Ever heard the expression?).
    I did... though I'm not exactly british :D:p
    PS: I'm a hell of guy, but I'm not exactly a "hunk-haunt"-guy.. :D (ok, ok... kidding... I'm not a hell of a guy).

Azazel81

Italy - Italian
    Erm... I said "I did", meaning "I did hear that expression used as you explained" :confused:. I didn't mean to say I used to go hunting guys (I'm engaged, you know? and SHE's also very jealous.. hihi). No other comments on the "I'm-a-hell-of-a-guy" part? :D

PS: yes, I do feel offended now.. and I demand your apologies :p

london calling

UK English
    Erm... I said "I did", meaning "I did hear that expression used as you explained" I know...my question to you was conditional - "what would you do if you were to go...?" was what I meant;). No other comments on the "I'm-a-hell-of-a-guy" part? Well, that's certainly a perfect AE expression, I must say! :p:D

PS: yes, I do feel offended now.. and I demand your apologies SORRY!...My fingers are crossed behind my back Italian-style, by the way!;) :p
    Next question: have you got a similar expression for a place like that in Italian? Or can we coin one? "Rimorchiatorio"?:D

Azazel81

Italy - Italian
    Next question: have you got a similar expression for a place like that in Italian? Or can we coin one? "Rimorchiatorio"?:D
    Uhm.. this is a really good question now! If that word existed I guess it would be "rimorchiatoio", but... No, I don't think we have one. We simply say "quel posto è pieno di f**a!" or.. "quel posto è un f**ame!" (which I guess is the fusion of "f**a" and "reame").

About this: "
    Originally Posted by Azazel81
    Erm... I said "I did", meaning "I did hear that expression used as you explained" I know...my question to you was conditional - "what would you do if you were to go...?" was what I meant;). No other comments on the "I'm-a-hell-of-a-guy" part? Well, that's certainly a perfect AE expression, I must say! :p:D

PS: yes, I do feel offended now.. and I demand your apologies SORRY!...My fingers are crossed behind my back Italian-style, by the way!;) :p"

Yeah, I know the question was conditional, the innuendo still lies in it.
    I know that that expression sounds like a perfect AE expression... that's maybe why I was raised by Americans (actually Canadians)... or the opposite... hihi...

Don't you fear your fingers could get stuck that way sometimes soon? like glued or something... :D (or broken :p).. kidding of course.

Oh... about the "rimorchiatoio"... maybe "pollaio" if it's meant to say it's full of nice chicks (hihi... get the symmetry).

london calling

UK English
    Uhm.. this is a really good question now! If that word existed I guess it would be "rimorchiatoio", but... No, I don't think we have one. We simply say "quel posto è pieno di f**a!" Ah, but hunks means men, not girls!
    Ok, so we have "pollaio" for a place full of pretty girls but "hunk haunt" , a place full of good-looking men, can't be translated into Italian, right?;)

Azazel81

Italy - Italian
    Ok, so we have "pollaio" for a place full of pretty girls but "hunk haunt" , a place full of good-looking men, can't be translated into Italian, right?;)
    Well, I'm not a girl so I honestly don't know if girls have a name for a place like that.. But as far as I know the same would do fine, except it would be "quel posto è pieno di fi*hi". As for the rest, I think, that would be the same.

pask46

Italy-italian
    We live in a very masculine society, here in Italy... as the words :warn:figa and her derivates are used to label something good, while, instead, all the words referred to bad things come from the masculine sex organ... :)warn:cazzo, :warn:cazzata and so on).
    Following this pattern, all the expressions regarding a place full of beautyful girls don't have a matching female version... (a place full of handsome men). So, only boys' expressions come to my mind ("posto pieno di :warn:figa"-:warn:"figaio"-:warn:"figodromo"...
    I think "rimorchiatoio" is well-found, as it is neutral (no gender) and not coarse...

< Previous | Next >