Hut

il-y-a

Farsi - Iran
Hello,
I'm editing a Persian translation of the English translation of Heda Margolius Kovály's book, Under a Cruel Star: A Life in Prague. I was wondering if "Hut" in this sentence (since it is capitalized) refers to a specific location or not:

There were the springtimes in Hut before the war, when people came out of their houses and into their gardens, airing out striped feather beds and turning the damp soil.

Google is not helping and as my question concerns the geographical context, I thought it'd probably be best to ask it here instead of an English language forum. Thanks.

• Cautus

Czech
    It looks like a proper name, but it should be Huť not Hut.
    Is there any more context?
    You can see about Huť more here: cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hu%C5%A5 - a list of villiages and towns of Czech republic.

kosmas.cz/knihy/168187/na-vlastni-kuzi/ said:
    "...Describes her deportation from Prague to the Łódź ghetto in 1941..."

It seems there is not mention about "Hut" in this anotation.

Cautus

Czech
    By this update below it seems to me the Hut is Huť, so the proper name of the village.
    Question: Where was Heda's country house before the war?
    Answer: Hut
    Source: quizlet.com/327625413/hist-2211-under-a-cruel-star-kovaly-exam-flash-cards/

il-y-a

Farsi - Iran
    By this update below it seems to me the Hut is Huť, so the proper name of the village.
    Question: Where was Heda's country house before the war?
    Answer: Hut
    Source: quizlet.com/327625413/hist-2211-under-a-cruel-star-kovaly-exam-flash-cards/
    I see, thank you so much. Apparently my search skills are in really bad shape! :))

Mejsy

It is realy local name of the village, here is Czech original from the book:

"Jara v Huti před válkou, když lidi vylézali z domků na zahrádky, větrali pruhované peřiny a začali se hrabat v zemi."

il-y-a

Farsi - Iran
    It is realy local name of the village, here is Czech original from the book:

"Jara v Huti před válkou, když lidi vylézali z domků na zahrádky, větrali pruhované peřiny a začali se hrabat v zemi."
    Thanks