I again refer to you / starting a letter

< Previous | Next >

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise, what is the correct start of the letter, which literally says "I again refer to you", but I would maybe use is "I am again writing you". If the sentence had a different structure I would use "This letter is a follow-up".

Thanks,

A.

Dear Mr. XY,

I again refer to you as the legal representative of the company YY.

[The context - Because of your failure to fulfill the contract we want to bring an action against you]

Signature
Lawyer

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    Referring to someone means, almost all the time, talking or writing about them. When I say "Queen Elizabeth is the oldest English monarch ever," I am referring to her. It has other meanings as well, but none of them fit here. (If you think one of them does, please explain why. There could be a misunderstanding.)

If it fits the rest of your letter, "I am writing to you again ..." would be one way to start it.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    First you should not say "as the legal representative of the company YY." - you have ended the letter with the title "Lawyer" - this is sufficient.

A second letter is usually started:

On <insert date> I wrote to you in connection with <insert cause>. You did not repond/Further to your response of <insert date>, I now write to say/remind you that <insert message>

< Previous | Next >