I always think/wish good/ well of you.

hectacon

Hindi
I am not your enemy ? I am your well wisher.

I always think good/ well of you?
I always wish good/ well of you?

How would a native speaker say these lines. If you care about someone .

• imiko

English - England
    I believe the correct way for these two phrases would be to say :

I always think well of you
    I always wish you well

Hope that's helpful

The Newt

English - US
    I agree with imiko, but note that the two sentences don't quite say the same thing. Thinking well of someone means that you have a high estimate of that person's character; wishing someone well is expressing the desire that good things come to him or her.

hectacon

Hindi
    I agree with imiko, but note that the two sentences don't quite say the same thing. Thinking well of someone means that you have a high estimate of that person's character; wishing someone well is expressing the desire that good things come to him or her.
    OK thanks a lot to both of you . By high estimate you mean you think highly of that person . You rate that person high in character, wisdom and bla bla bla blah. right. and wishing someone well means you want good things to happen to the person. Have I understood it properly?

The Newt

English - US
    OK thanks a lot to both of you . By high estimate you mean you think highly of that person . You rate that person high in character, wisdom and bla bla bla blah. right. and wishing someone well means you want good things to happen to the person. Have I understood it properly?
    Yes.

spilorrific

English - US
    You may say "I always wish the best for you" but not "I always wish your well-being." (Note: often "well-being" is hyphenated).
    Maybe "Your well-being is always of primary concern for me" or "Your well-being is always important to me."

nh01

Turkish
    Thinking well of someone means that you have a high estimate of that person's character;
    If you are literally thinking of someone at that time, for example, if you plan to make a nice surprise to him etc., or ifyou remember some nice things he does, can we say "I am thinking of good things about you"? Thanks.

< Previous | Next >