I always wanted to be different. I was a bit of a... hairbrush princess (...) Think I'm a pop star.

VicNicSor

Banned
Russian
Continuation of this dialogue: wicked

Jay says:
-- I always wanted to be different. I was a bit of a... hairbrush princess, you know? Think I'm a pop star. I don't know. My dad thinks I'm better than everyone, so...
The Fades, TV series

"Think" probably refers to the past. She's a ~ 17-year girl now. But why is it "think"? Thanks.

• Retired-teacher

British English
    Perhaps "bad" is too strong. Careless might be a better description. The English used on television has been written by someone, and that person can make mistakes in their work just like anyone can.

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    Continuation of this dialogue: wicked

Jay says:
    -- I always wanted to be different. I was a bit of a... hairbrush princess, you know? Think I'm a pop star. I don't know. My dad thinks I'm better than everyone, so...
    The Fades, TV series

"Think" probably refers to the past. She's a ~ 17-year girl now. But why is it "think"? Thanks.
    "Think" could just as easily refer to the present in this spontaneous speech. That fits with "My dad thinks ..." and not "My dad thought ..." She describes soemthing about her past and then says something about the present. (Just going on the rext in this thread )

< Previous | Next >