I am an opened person

< Previous | Next >

ciruelita

spanish Mexico
Hola no se si es correcto decir soy una persona abierta en mi resume podrian corregirme porfavor?

I am responding to your advertisement mentioned in TD Bank regarding the position of Customer Service Representative, I am very interested to work in this company since it has different challenging carrier opportunities. I am an opened person willing to learn and bring my best in your company. please find enclosed my resume showing my skills and education for your consideration

• Miguel Antonio

Galego (Rías Baixas)
    Hola no se si es correcto decir soy una persona abierta en mi resume podrian corregirme porfavor?

I am responding to your advertisement mentioned in TD Bank regarding the position of Customer Service Representative, I am very interested to work in this company since it has different challenging carrier career opportunities. I am an opened open person willing to learn and bring my best in to your company. Please find enclosed my resume showing my skills and education for your consideration
    Son apenas sugerencias, supongo que te refieres a carrera (career) y no a transportador (carrier), y opened no es lo mismo que open :D

Saludos

MA

gengo

American English
    An "open person" is correct, as elirlandes says, but to me it doesn't really mean much. What exactly are you trying to express with "persona abierta"?

I am responding to your advertisement mentioned in TD Bank regarding the position of Customer Service Representative. I am very interested to work in this company since it has different challenging carreer opportunities. I am an opened person willing and able to learn and to bring my best in your company. Please find enclosed my resume showing my skills and education for your consideration

yomemoims

Spanish - Spain
    El adjetivo de OPEN es sin ED, es una excepción. Ten cuidado.

Para que te acuerdes más adelante fijate en las tiendas que siempre pone OPEN y CLOSED pero nunca lo que tú has puesto.

DeFulham

UK
    Spanish - Spain
    El adjetivo de OPEN es sin ED, es una excepción. Ten cuidado.

Para que te acuerdes más adelante fijate en las tiendas que siempre pone OPEN y CLOSED pero nunca lo que tú has puesto.
    Mmm... am not totally sure about that one. You'd say 'to be opened by the addressee only', wouldn't you?

gengo

American English
    Mmm... am not totally sure about that one. You'd say 'to be opened by the addressee only', wouldn't you?
    But in that case opened is a participle, not an adjective. The adjective is open.

The door was open. (adjective)
    The door was opened. (participle)
    The door has been opened.
    The door has opened.

yomemoims

Spanish - Spain
    but that's the passive voice and not an adjetive.

"the door is open"

"The envelop was opened by me"

In English there are just 7 inflexional sufixes; two of them are -ed (added to form adjetives) and -ed ( added to form participles)

So, if you say the verb "open" in the passive you should used the participle but not the adjetive.

The adjetive of the verb OPEN, it's OPEN. With out -ED.

DeFulham

UK
    Spanish - Spain
    But in that case opened is a participle, not an adjective. The adjective is open.

The door was open. (adjective)
    The door was opened. (participle)
    The door has been opened.
    The door has opened.
    Fair enough! Thanks gengo for your input.

María A

Castellano (Argentina)
    Si lo que estás tratando de decir es que sos una persona de mente abierta, creo que lo correcto en inglés sería open-minded person.

Miguel Antonio

Galego (Rías Baixas)

The door was open. (adjective) La puerta estaba/estuvo abierta
    The door was opened. (participle) La puerta fue abierta (alguien o algo la abrió)
    The door has been opened.La puerta ha sido abierta (alguien o algo la ha abierto)
    The door has opened. Abriose la puerta/la puerta se abrió/se ha abierto la puerta (cómo fue. quién/qué fue, no se sabe)
    I/we/you are nevertheless open to further suggestions. If not, let us, you, they be so opened up ;)

< Previous | Next >