I am certain we will have a good time

RACLX

English - UK
你好,我要知道说:"I'm looking forward to your coming to London, because I am certain we will have a good time"

我的尝试:我期盼你到伦敦来的时候,因为我很确定我们一定会玩得开心。

also, could I say, 我期盼你伦敦的时候,。。。 instead of 到...来 ?

谢谢

• viajero_canjeado

English - Southeastern USA
    Definitely a good start! Here's a couple suggestions: it might be a bit of overkill with using 一定 in conjunction with 確定. 期盼 might sound a bit formal for the arrival of a friend. Here's a colloquial rendering:

我很期待你來到倫敦, 因為我們一定會有一個很棒的時光.

Ghabi

Cantonese
    我很期待你來到倫敦, 因為我們一定會有一個很棒的時光.
    Just curious: so you use 個 for 時光 in Taiwan? Also, I don't know if it's just me, but when I hear 時光 I think of the past, not the future. For example, 我們度過了一段美好的時光.

viajero_canjeado

English - Southeastern USA
    Just curious: so you use 個 for 時光 in Taiwan? Also, I don't know if it's just me, but when I hear 時光 I think of the past, not the future. For example, 我們度過了一段美好的時光.

個和段都可以 :) 應該說, 我想予以的口氣是比較口語的。 關於"時光"用來形容過去的事,我沒聽過本規定,不過很有可能平常是這麼使用的。不然你會怎麼說? 日子吧?

To the OP, "玩得..." is okay too, but I'd be sure to include a 很: 我們一定會玩得很開心喔!

xiaolijie

UK
    English (UK)
    關於"時光"用來形容過去的事,我沒聽過本規定,不過很有可能平常是這麼使用的。不然你會怎麼說? 日子吧?
    I think 时光 is for non-past also:
    假期中我会有一段美好时光。
    这个懒惰的孩子常虚度时光。
    (But if you want to avoid it, 时间 is the word to use.)

Cytheria

English - American
    Colloquially, I think 确定 should be used instead of 一定. It's not incorrect to use 一定, but it sounds too forceful. I also agree with it being a bit of overkill using them together. It doesn't sound right at all, and native Chinese speaker would not normally use them like that. This is your original: "因为我很确定我们一定会玩得开心." 很 is redundant because if you are already certain, you cannot be EVEN MORE certain, instead the 很 should be play before 开心. I would write/say it as, "因为我确定我们会玩得很开心.

pp0970

CS
    Chinese
    i would say "我很期待你来伦敦,因为我们一定会渡过一段美好时光" OR "我很期待你来伦敦,因为我们一定会玩得很开心"

RACLX

English - UK
    okay, thank you, I used, 我很期待你来伦敦,因为我们一定会玩得很开心 in the end. thanks for all the help :).