I am grateful to have a friend like you in my life

< Previous | Next >

Zumbalover123

English-USA
Hi all,

I would like to know how to say "I am grateful to have a friend like you in my life".

Here's my try: Estoy agradecida por tener una amiga como tú en mi vida

To me, that seems like a very literal translation. Is there a way to say it more naturally?

Thanks! Gracias!

• Tegs

Mód ar líne
    English (Ireland)
    I would go with something less literal, like:

Qué lindo tener un amigo (boy)/ una amiga (girl) como tú en mi vida! Me alegro mucho.

Which is basically saying that you're very happy to have a friend like this one - but maybe someone can give you a translation which includes the "grateful" element :)

Adolfo Afogutu

Español
    Hi all,

I would like to know how to say "I am grateful to have a friend like you in my life".

Here's my try: Estoy agradecida por tener una amiga como tú en mi vida

To me, that seems like a very literal translation. Is there a way to say it more naturally?

Thanks! Gracias!
    Your sentence sounds perfectly natural to me. It is somewhat formal, but I guess it is formal in English too. I wouldn't change a single word of it. If you want to keep it formal, there are another ways to say the same: agradecer can be used as a transitive verb: yo agradezco tener una amiga como tú en mi vida, and as an intransitive verb too: agradezco por tener una amiga como tú en mi vida.
    Saludos

< Previous | Next >