rapadox

Banned
Slovak & Czech
Hello which sentence is correct?

zombieinmyhouse.jpg

1. I have a zombie run in my house.

2. I have a zombie running in my house.

Difference?

(I am trying to say that there is a zombie in my house who is running all over that place.)
[or it should rather be: A zombie is running in my house vs. There is a zombie running in my house?]
Thank you

Last edited:
  • Loob

English UK
    Hello rapadox

You need to tell us which one you think is correct first:).

tepatria

Canadian English
    A zombie run would be a track that you created in your house for zombies to run on.:)
    I think you want to say that you have a zombie running in your house. The zombie is in your house, running around. I would get out of my house in this case!

Elwintee

England English
    (2) is better than (1), but neither is idiomatic. The zombie is, I presume, running about in your house. 'Running' on its own could mean running on the spot (not moving forward), or running on a running machine.

rapadox

Banned
    Slovak & Czech
    i mean that he is running all over my house. So I can say either I have a zombie running in my house and A zombie is running (around) in my house? by the way There is a zombie running in my house. - is this one wrong?

(I am talking about such a case. The zombie is in my house, running around and I am freaking out and yelling around to get someone to help me.)

I dont mean that the zombie is comming fast into my house but that he is already in and running all over inside.

lucas-sp

English - Californian
    Elwintee brings up a good point - BE "to run about" and AE "to run around" are the verbs you want.

I have a zombie running around in my house. There is a zombie in my house, and he's running around.
    I have a zombie run around in my house. I regularly find a zombie, and compel him (using force or persuasion) to run around in my house.

< Previous | Next >