I am near to you

Hakkar

Italian
Hello.

Can the preposition Y, be used to express emotional nearness?

I am near to you "emotionally", My "heart" is near to you.

я у тебе. ? Does it have any sense?

Thanks in advance

• Maroseika

Russian
    Hello.

Can the preposition Y, be used to express emotional nearness?

I am near to you "emotionally", My "heart" is near to you.

я у тебя. ? Does it have any sense?

Thanks in advance
    It has sense but not the one you need.
    Я у тебя means "You have me"
    If you need exactly some preposition, you may try "c":
    Я с тобой in due situation might express you idea.

Hakkar

Italian
    No i meant to say я у тебe. тебe as in the prepositional case. I guess it is meaningless then. Я с тобой means I am with you... It has a different meaning. It is not what i wish to say.

Maroseika

Russian
    Well, тебе is really in prepostional case (or dative). The problem however is that prepostional case doesn't work with the preposition "у". Therefore я у тебе is impossible.
    This prepostion really can express the idea of closeness, but only in the sense of place, but not intimacy:
    У вокзала стоит автобус.
    And only following prepostions can be used with the prepositional case: в, на, о, по, при

Ptak

Rußland
    Я с тобой means I am with you... It has a different meaning. It is not what i wish to say.
    Why do you think so?
    "Я с тобой" usually is used to express emotional nearness, to say "I am near to you emotionally". "Я с тобой" means "Я (душой, сердцем) с тобой", i.e. "My heart is with you".

Ainur

Kazakh
    Everything depends on what you mean by these words.

Я с тобой - means I support you whatever happens. You can always count on me.

But if you mean that you love someone, it must be expressed by different words like: Я с тобой. Я в сердце твоем и т.п. и т.д.

< Previous | Next >