I am not repeat not sending...

cannonkuo

Mandarin
  • owlman5

English-US
    Does I am not repeat not sending mean I am not going to make the same mistakes by not sending...?
    I am definitely not sending this to any other part of our government because I am concerned about the possibility of leaks or sabotage. -- This should be a reasonable paraphrase of the original sentence.

kentix

English - U.S.
    These documents that cannonkuo has been quoting (in many questions) are internal U.S. government documents that seem to have been written more as quick notes than formal writing. Many seem to be transcripts of spoken words or at least written in that style. It's possible they were actually dictated and then later typed up quickly. They don't seem to have cared about making them formally correct, grammatical English because they were never ment for public view.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    This is a technique originating in telegrams where it may be necessary to underline the import of a specific word, emphasising that it isn't a transmission error. I've just been reading Ian Fleming's Thunderball (1961). James Bond receives a telegram which says:

'PLANE RETURNED 1730 HOISTED INBOARD. DISCO SAILED AT 1755, FULL SPEED COURSE NORTH WEST STOP GIRL DID NOT REPEAT NOT REAPPEAR ON DECK AFTER BOARDING'. (My emphasis.)

This has the same lack of punctuation as Cannonkuo's #1.

Chasint

English - England
    Does I am not repeat not sending mean I am not going to make the same mistakes by not sending...?
    No, it does not, repeat not, mean that.

Others have already answered so I shall not, repeat not, provide another answer.

cannonkuo

Mandarin
    I sincerely appreciate all your great explanations.
    I love this forum, from the bottom of my heart.