I am smitten with Olga

NordicVyborg

English - USA
Всем привет!

My native language is English and this is my first request for translation help in this forum.

I would like to write this sentence in Russian:

I am smitten with Olga after only two dates.

Context: After two dates with Olga, I am feeling some chemistry between us. It is too early to say that I am in love with her so a more appropriate word to use would be smitten.

Here is my attempt at writing a sentence:

Я уже влюблен в Ольгу всего после двух свиданий.

Is there a Russian word I can use instead of влюблен that means smitten?

Заранее спасибо за вашу помощь!

• HotIcyDonut

Russian - Russia
    влюблён в Ольгу is exactly "i've fallen in love with Olga" which you want to avoid.

There's a literal translation:

сражён Ольгой or поражён

Smite = "сразить" or "поразить", but in Russian, it's used to describe great impression or amazement with smth or someone, doesn't necessarily imply love or positive feelings at all. It's more like "i was impressed with Olga…" or "i was amazed with Olga". Not your option.

To convey the meaning, i can suggest:

Я уже чувствую что-то к Ольге всего после двух свиданий.

If the speaker feels like feeling is reciprocal/mutual, then:

Между мной и Ольгой уже что-то есть всего после двух свиданий.

Между мной и Ольгой [разгорелась/пробежала] [искорка/искра] всего после двух свиданий.

Last edited:

NordicVyborg

English - USA
    Smite = "сразить" or "поразить", but in Russian, it's used to describe great impression or amazement with smth or someone, doesn't necessarily imply love or positive feelings at all. It's more like "i was impressed with Olga…" or "i was amazed with Olga". Not your option.
    Yes, not a good option for my situation. This sounds more like feedback that might be given to management after Olga did extremely well during her job interview.
    To convey the meaning, i can suggest:

Я уже чувствую что-то к Ольге всего после двух свиданий.
    Спасибо большое!
    If the speaker feels like feeling is reciprocal/mutual, then:

Между мной и Ольгой уже что-то есть всего после двух свиданий.

Между мной и Ольгой [разгорелась/пробежала] [искорка/искра] всего после двух свиданий.
    I like these two options as well. Hopefully it will be possible to use them in the near future.