I am very sorry for being so late

msarangk

Arabic Moroccan
Hello, I hope someone would translate this for me, and thanks in advance.

Hello, how have you been? Do you remember me? I am Adam you friend from England. I am very sorry for being so late. I have been so busy and couldn't send you a letter in that time. I hope you can forgive me.

• Sidjanga

German;southern tendencies
    Hi, and welcome. :)
    Hello, how have you been?(1) Do you remember me? I am Adam you friend(2) from England. I am very sorry for being so late.(3) I have been so busy and couldn't send you a letter in that time. I hope you can forgive me.
    Hallo, wie geht es Dir / wie ist es Dir (in letzter Zeit) ergangen?(1) Erinnerst Du Dich an mich? Ich bin Adam, dein Freund/Bekannter(2) aus England. Es tut mir sehr Leid, dass ich so spät dran bin /..., dass ich so lange nichts von mir habe hören lassen.(3)
    Ich war sehr beschäftigt und konnte Dir in all der Zeit nicht schreiben.(4) Ich hoffe, Du kannst mir verzeihen.

(1) I think there are several possible equivalents in German, depending on what exactly you want to say, above all, if you are referring to anything in particular.
    (2) "friend" in what sense exactly? / What relation do/did you have? (just to avoid possible misunderstandings in the German version)
    (3) before the "/": literal translation; followin "/": a rather free one, but sounds (probably) better; but, here too, it'll certainly depend on the context; I don't know what you are referring to by "being so late".
    (4) I am omitting "letter" here, as I find it souds better and doesn't need mentioning here.

< Previous | Next >