'I become very upset...' key word transformations

matryoshka5

Polish
I need help with this key word transformation:

I become very upset if I have any pressure at work.

The key word is WORKED.

I............................if I have any pressure at work.

Please, help. I am confused because of the past form. I have sth in mmind but I am not sure if it makes any sense so I'd be most grateful for any suggestions.

• velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    It looks as though you are expected to use the past participle "worked" as part of a passive construction.

"I............................if I have any pressure at work." Is this part of the question? It doesn't seem to make sense since they mean you to change the wording of the second clause.:confused: Perhaps I have't understood the question.

Loob

English UK
    Hello matryoshka

The only thing that occurs to me is that you can use "worked up" to mean "upset".

So perhaps what the question-setters are looking for is:
    I become very worked up if I have any pressure at work.

I don't think it's a very good question though, because of the double use of "work":(.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    "Worked up" is a possibility I hadn't thought of. It's more informal than "upset". I was assuming "worked" was to be used to replace "work". I agree it's not a good question.

matryoshka5

Polish
    Brilliant! Thank you very much! You are absolutely right! I was pretty sure I started overthinking it.(I even jumped to conclusion of 'I wish I worked better, if I...').

< Previous | Next >