I believe that I have a well-established background

< Previous | Next >

Ibiscus

Northern Italian
Hello there!

I am writing my interest concernig the field of Cancer.
Could you help me write it in a proper formal English?
Particularly I have doubts in the violet part...

Everyone welcome!

"My major aim is to fully comprehend the complex interactions within and between cells, and what kind of mechanisms promotes development of particular tumours. I believe that I have a well-established background both in knowledge and in techniques to further a study in this field.
When I read the announcement about "Cell proliferation" PhD, I clearly realized that would be the project for me: it is focused on the subject that I most want to investigate, more precisely on what is the effect of regulating cell proliferation in tumour development. The fact that by inducting cell senescence can be used as a tumour suppressor mechanism making also possible the identification of novel genes involved in cancer is absolutely noteworthy, and I would be very proud and enthusiastic to spend all my time in this research project for the next four years".

Thank you!

Dear foreros,

Please reply to Ibiscus indicating where there are mistakes and giving her a chance to try and fix them. If you want to be very helpful, indicate the type of mistake: tense, word choice, agreement, etc.

Please do not simply rewrite or proofread the text as that is contrary to the spirit of the forums. Replies that do so will be deleted.

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

• k_georgiadis

English (AmE)
    Hello there!

I am writing my interest concernig the field of Cancer.
    Could you help me write it in a proper formal English?
    Particularly I have doubts in the violet part...

Everyone welcome!

"My major aim is to fully comprehend the complex interactions within and between cells, and what kind of mechanisms promotes (must match mechanisms, in plural) development of particular tumours. I believe that I have a well-established solid (sounds less pretentious than well-established, which suggests other people have acknowledged your background) background both in knowledge and in techniques to further pursue a study in this field. (you further your knowledge, but you pursue a study, a profession)
    When I read the announcement about "Cell proliferation" PhD, I clearly realized immediately recognized it as the ideal (flows a little more smoothly) that would be the project for me: it is focused on the subject that I most want to investigate, more precisely on what is (not needed!) the effect of regulating cell proliferation in tumour development. The fact that by inducting (a grammatical mismatch) the induction of cell senescence can be used as a tumour suppressor mechanism, making also possible the identification of novel genes involved in cancer, is absolutely noteworthy. and (the sentence as getting too long) I would be very proud consider myself very privileged to devote all of my energy to the pursuit of and enthusiastic to spend all my time in this research project for the next four years".

Thank you!

Dear foreros,

Please reply to Ibiscus indicating where there are mistakes and giving her a chance to try and fix them. If you want to be very helpful, indicate the type of mistake: tense, word choice, agreement, etc.

Please do not simply rewrite or proofread the text as that is contrary to the spirit of the forums. Replies that do so will be deleted.

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

DAH

USA/California--English
    Just adding a couple of ideas:

"My major aim is to fully comprehend the complex interactions within and between cells, and what kind of mechanisms promotes[subject-verb agreement] development of particular tumours. I believe that I have a well-established background both in knowledge and in techniques to further a study in this field.
    When I read the announcement about "Cell proliferation" PhD, [it is unclear what you are referencing] I clearly realized that would be the project for me: it is focused on the subject that I most want to investigate, more precisely on what is the effect of regulating cell proliferation in tumour development. The fact that by inducting cell senescence can be used as a tumour suppressor mechanism making also possible the identification of novel genes involved in cancer is absolutely noteworthy. andFinally, I would be very proud and enthusiastic to spend all my time in this research project for the next four years".

< Previous | Next >