I can do this work so good for my boss to be satisfied.

< Previous | Next >

slovac

Could I ask please if following contruction&nbsp;makes a sense to native speakers?
I can do this work so good for my boss to be satisfied.
I would like to express that I am able to do that work extremely good but result of my work is designated to customers(for example I sell hamburges to customers,I don't sell hamburges to my boss). My boss will be only satisfied from well-done work.If other explanation will be neccesary I will secure it. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • e2efour

UK English
    Your sentence makes sense if you replace so good with sufficiently well (or well enough), either of which improve the grammar. If you write so well you must then write so well that my boss will be satisfied.
    I'm not sure if this answers your question. Perhaps you are thinking of doing a job (which sounds better than work if you are talking about selling hamburgers). But your boss will be satisfied if the customers are satisfied.

Last edited:

slovac

Thank you. I was interested in correctness of usage of FOR(merging that two sentences). I hope this connection of sentences is correct. According to your answer I suppose that I was right.
    In my native language this compound sentence sounds that result of my work is for my boss.

e2efour

UK English
    A couple more examples:
    (Talking so someone who doesn't hear well): Am I speaking loud enough for you to hear me?
    (Taking an employment test): Have I done well enough (in the test) for you to employ me?

Are these the kind of sentences you are thinking of?

slovac

A couple more examples:
    (Talking so someone who doesn't hear well): Am I speaking loud enough for you to hear me?
    (Taking an employment test): Have I done well enough (in the test) for you to employ me?

Are these the kind of sentences you are thinking of?
    May I ask someone to tell me how the grammar used in the e2efour's sentences is called?

e2efour

UK English
    If could = was able you have to say I could do this job so well that my boss was satisfied.
    If could refers to the future (I would be able to), you would use "would be satisfied".

Embonpoint

English--American
    Most of the answers appropriately said that the word that is a better way to express this. However if you want to say for, you can and here's how:

I can do my job well enough for my boss to be satisfied.
    (Means you can do your job well enough to satisfy your boss, but not necessarily better.)
    I can do my job well enough to satisfy my boss. (Means same thing but shorter and clearer way to say it.)

< Previous | Next >