I couldn't do anything last weekend. Last/ on/ the Saturday ...?

< Previous | Next >

roxanelag

Spanish-Spain
Hi there people! Oh my god! This is endless. Haha!
When I just thought I was done with these time expressions I come across this one.
Once the context is set, what would you say if you want to talk about each day of the last weekend as in this case.
I couldn't do anything last weekend because I was ver busy.
On Saturday I wanted to ...
This is my answer which is based only on my gut feeling. :D
Thanks in advance.
Have a nice whatever!

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    It isn't quite clear to me what you're asking, roxanelag. Can you tell us, using other words, what you're trying to say in your sentence, and which word or phrase you're having trouble with? If you're asking about the word "on" in "On Saturday…," please give us the complete sentence.

roxanelag

Spanish-Spain
    It isn't quite clear to me what you're asking, roxanelag. Can you tell us, using other words, what you're trying to say in your sentence, and which word or phrase you're having trouble with? If you're asking about the word "on" in "On Saturday…," please give us the complete sentence.
    Sure Florentia52. Thanks a lot, first of all.
    I'm trying to say that I was very busy last weekend and after that getting into detail by talking about each day in that 'last weekend':
    I couldn't do anything last weekend, because I was ver busy.
    On Saturday, I wanted to go to the hairdresser's but I had to wash the floor and it was late when I was done with it.
    On Sunday morning, my son was feelling badly and we had to go to see a doctor which took more than 4 hours.
    Then, when we got home in the afternoon, the house was a mess and I spent the rest of the day cleaning. So, I a need a break urgently, because I'm worn out.
    There it is!
    So, as I am talking about last weekend, is it right to use 'on' with Saturday and Sunday in this particular situation or do I have to use 'last Saturday/ Sunday'?
    It sounds awful to me. I mean, I would go for 'on' with no hesitation.
    Thanks again for your time.
    Regards

< Previous | Next >