I don't have ..., but I will have (Coordinate Clause)

piojosnos

Spanish
I have this small doubt (and a small related argument with my wife) ;)

I'm writing this:

I don't have right now a concrete organization or university I would like my results sent to, but I will have at the first months of the next year.
For me "but I will have at the first months of next year", is a clause that depends of the previous one, so when I say "I will have" I am talking about a concrete organization or university.

For me it's like say "I don't have candy right now, but I will have soon"... So If I ask "what will I have soon?" the answer is "candy". It's the same logic.

Also, should I add an indefinite adjective to the second clause to make it more meaningful or sounds well the original way? for example:

I don't have right now a concrete organization or university I would like my results sent to, but I will have some at the first months of next year.
What do you think? About the original sentence, about adding and indefinite adjective or any other detail I'm not taking in consideration.

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    In my experience, wives are always right! :D But on to your sentence:

I don't have a concrete organization or university right now that I would like my results sent to, but I will have at in the first months of the next year.

Yes, a concrete organization or university is implied after "I will have"

So your sentence is OK.

rinmach

English, Russian
    In my experience, wives are always right! :D But on to your sentence:

I don't have a concrete organization or university right now that I would like my results sent to, but I will have at in the first months of the next year.

Yes, a concrete organization or university is implied after "I will have"

So your sentence is OK.
    This is a difference, in my opinion, between BE and AE. Over here, we would never say, "I don't have it now, but I will have soon." Rather, we would drop the second "have":
    I don't have it now, but I will soon.

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    And I would go further: "I don't have it now, but I will have it soon." or less, "I don't have it now, but will soon." :)

< Previous | Next >