I don't speak Russian very well, please correct my errors

linguistafeliz

United States, English
I have just started learning Russian a few weeks ago...And there are a few phrases that I really would like to know how to say, could someone help me with them? They are really simple but for me I am having troubles :D

1. I am learning Russian.
2. Please correct my errors.
3. How do you say ______ (phrase) in Russian?
4. Is this phrase / are these words correct?
5. I don't speak Russian very well.

Thanks very much in advance....

• clapec

Italian
    I'll try, even though I am not a native speaker...

1. Я изучаю русский язык.
    2. Пожалуйста, поправь(те) мои ошибки.
    3. Как сказать ________ по-русски?
    4. Это предложение правильное? / Эти слова правильные?
    5. Я не очень хорошо говорю по-русски / Я плохо говорю по-русски.

Crescent

Russian, (Ukraine)
    1. Я изучаю/учу русский язык.
    2. Пожалуйста, поправь(те) мои ошибки. Исправте мои ошибки, пожалуйста.
    3. Как сказать ________ по-русски? Можно ли сказать______ по-русски? Так говорят?
    4. Это предложение правильное? / Эти слова правильные? --it's a good try, Clapec, but I'm afraid it still sounds a little bit strange in Russian.:eek: Perhaps it might be better to turn the phrase around somehow, like this: В этом предложение (или в этой фразе) есть ошибки?
    5. Я не очень хорошо говорю по-русски / Я плохо говорю по-русски.
    :tick:

Hello there, Linguistafeliz! :) I think Clapec's attempt was a very good one indeed and although she says she isn't a native - to be honest, you can hardly tell. :)

Kolan

Banned
    Russian (CCCP)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by clapec
    2. Пожалуйста, поправь(те) мои ошибки. Исправьте мои ошибки, пожалуйста.
    4. Это предложение правильное? / Эти слова правильные? --it's a good try, Clapec, but I'm afraid it still sounds a little bit strange in Russian.:eek: Perhaps it might be better to turn the phrase around somehow, like this: В этом предложении (или в этой фразе) есть ошибки? Правильно ли это предложение?
    5. Я не очень хорошо говорю по-русски / Я плохо говорю по-русски. Я не говорю хорошо по-русски.
    :tick:

Hello there, Linguistafeliz! :) I think Clapec's attempt was a very good one indeed and although she says she isn't a native - to be honest, you can hardly tell. :)
    from a native speaker :D

elcarnicero88

I have to agree with Crescent. Clapec's translations are a bit wooden and awkward-sounding.

Kudos for taking on Russian. It is one of the most complex and grammatically difficult languages in the world. Unlike other languages where you can sort of 'fudge over' a lot of the grammar when you're starting out, you can't get away with that in Russian, as the entire meaning of a sentence depends on using the right cases (падежи).

Good luck!
    Удачи!

Saluton

Banned
    Russian
    In fact what clapec suggested sounds the best to me. Saying я не говорю хорошо по-русски as Kolan suggested could even lead to a misunderstanding: the listener may think that the speaker just never uses the word хорошо for some reason.

Можно ли сказать______ по-русски? Так говорят?
    I think he wanted to ask how to translate something to Russian, not to ask, if this phrase is correct in Russian. I'm not native speaker too, and even don't know much about Russian, but I use it almost every day and I would say "Как ето сказать по-русски" или "Как ето переводить на русский язык" (not sure about second form, could anyone tell me if it's correct?)

My choices are:
    1, 2 - Crescent
    3, 4, 5 - clapec

Syline

Russian
    Clapec's translation is OK, except "поправьте мои ошибки". Like Crescent said, it should be "исправьте мои ошибки".

perevoditel
    Как ето переводить на русский язык
    Как это перевести на русский язык?

Syline

Russian
    By the way, perevoditel, in your signature it should be "поправляйте меня", not "исправляйте меня".

Исправлять - to remove (about mistakes, defects, etc.), to change/alter/remake/redo (totally).
    Поправлять - to point out mistakes (in your case), to bring in improvements, corrections into smth.

So,
    Когда я ошибаюсь, поправляйте меня.

< Previous | Next >